Friday, January 9, 2009

Top 10 Things India Doesn't Have

1. Trash cans - if you ask someone for a place to throw something away
they say "This is India. Throw it in the street."

2. Sidewalks - I need a stunt double to shop at a street market for me

3. Reliable hot water - geyzers and buckets and pails, oh my!

4. Clean bathrooms - just oh my!

5. Change for a 1000 Rupee Note - there seems to be a shortage of small change

6. Reliable Electricity - rolling blackouts or surprise ones

7. Peace and quiet - we have to wear earplugs if we want to sleep past
6 am, and that doesn't really work, either

8. Lanes - you can, and in fact must, drive on the wrong side of the road

9. Street addresses - maps are useless, you just have to ask.

10. 12v DC adapter - David left his on the plane

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment